British Association of Stroke Physicians: achieving the next level
10 March 2017
We’re moving forward and implementing the BASP Strategy 2017-2020. As agreed at the AGM the next stage is to identify the infrastructure needed to deliver the strategy and to strengthen our organisational capacity. We’ve looked at how other medical membership organisations are run and the Executive Committee have had discussions about the next steps.
In the first instance we wish to commission a consultancy for up to three months from an individual(s) with expertise in running a health sector membership organisation. The consultancy will produce a report which will:
- Identify the organisational capacity required to deliver the BASP strategy 2017 to 2020 and outline the gap between our current state and our ambitions, as so described
- Describe the processes and relationships that would thus need to be embedded
- Outline the financial, administrative and human resources needed to implement the BASP strategy in the agreed timescale with suggested milestones to monitor progress
- Advise on any contractual or legal implications that would thus arise
- Thus, deliver an options appraisal to allow the BASP Executive Committee to make a recommendation to its members.
A budget of up to £10,000 plus agreed expenses is available. The final report is to be submitted to the BASP Executive Committee 21 August 2017 and we will present recommendations to BASP members at the AGM 28 November 2017 in Liverpool.
Attached is the advert and specification which will appear on the website but please could you forward this email to anyone you know who has the relevant experience and expertise who may be interested in the consultancy.
PATIENTS & CARERS
If you are a patient or carer seeking advice about stroke, please visit our patients and carers page.
Stay up to date with the latest news and community papers published by BASP.
Find out what events/conferences are taking place in and around your area regarding your fields of interest.